The Texas Innovation Corridor has become a magnet for growing companies because of its prosperous economic environment and region’s vast talent pool. From 2010 to 2020, Hays County experienced more than a 40% increase in jobs (CHMURA Economics & Analytics, JobsEQ).
The Greater San Marcos Partnership (GSMP) is a nationally recognized economic development organization whose mission is to positively impact the regional economy of Hays and Caldwell Counties through the attraction of high quality jobs and investment.
The Greater San Marcos Partnership (GSMP), a nationally recognized economic development organization serving the City of San Marcos and the communities within Hays and Caldwell Counties, is seeking a hardworking and resourceful professional as our Market Research Analyst.
Job Title: Market Research Analyst [Entry Level]
Reports to: Director, Marketing and Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
SUMMARY: The Greater San Marcos Partnership is a 501c(6) public-private partnership whose mission is to increase economic opportunity for the Texas Innovation Corridor through the attraction of high quality jobs and investment. Our office is located on the historic square in the heart of downtown San Marcos.
The Market Research Analyst is an entry level position responsible for project support, data collection, research, and analysis for marketing efforts towards business attraction, business retention and expansion in the Texas Innovation Corridor. Duties include active research for projects and improve current processes which impact the business. Information collection is also a part of the job with the need to proficiently analyze and visualize statistical data, market trends relevant to projects in various industries.
• Perform research, surveys, and analysis in support of business needs, including data utilized in completion of large RFIs.
• Support marketing and other Partnership programs with the production and maintenance of information products (shared databases, reports, surveys, marketing materials and web content including social media outlets).
• Produce industry white papers, metro comparisons, and consultant briefs to support business attraction initiatives.
• Aggregate relevant regional data and provide quarterly updates to the team.
• Identify and obtain information resources, data analysis and tools necessary to support research, analysis, and information responsibilities.
• Evaluate internal metrics and databases for opportunities to improve usefulness, accessibility, and quality. Consider and implement revisions to data coverage, database programming, and report format as appropriate.
• Maintain information and data collected in support of internal reporting, publications, presentations, and databases in well organized and thoroughly documented electronic and/or hard copy files.
• Create, organize, and maintain files and databases from which commonly requested information can be efficiently accessed to respond to inquiries, create proposals or presentations, or update publications.
• Provide research and information as needed to support community partners’ economic development efforts and respond to general inquiries from investors, media, and the public.
• Establish strong relationships with other members of the research and economic development community to improve access to information and expertise, and to enhance our position within the community as a resource.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Data Science, Marketing, Economics, Political Science, or related field. Actively pursuing master’s degree a plus.
• Ability and willingness to take on an increasingly diverse breadth of projects, tasks, and responsibilities as time goes on.
• Ability to synthesize complex subject matter and present it in a user-friendly and understandable manner.
• Effective research, writing, and presentation skills with working knowledge of tools and methods for data storage, access, analysis, and presentation.
• Proficiency in or ability to comprehend and implement a range of software tools: particularly Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Suite.
• GIS experience, Google Analytics, Tableau, Power BI, and/or web or other data visualization software is a plus.
• Demonstrated knowledge/experience of the resources and tools for identifying and compiling high quality data.
• Highly organized and committed to maintaining information to the highest standards of accuracy, comparability, completeness, and timeliness.
• Professional and effective communications and interpersonal skills in relation to research resources, economic development community partners, and staff.
• Good time management skills with flexible attitude and ability to handle multiple projects with short deadlines.
Candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Colin Sherman at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are some of our partner organizations who have ongoing job opportunities available.
Does your company have a paid or unpaid internship available? Contact GSMP's Barbara Thomason at email@example.com with the following information:
Whether the internship is paid or unpaid
Any age and education requirements for the internship
The expected hours for the internship
What industry the internship is in
If you want to broaden your search, check out the tool below. Utilizing the power of LinkedIn you can easily target your search to find the latest employment opportunities in our region of Texas.